Shrimp green salad with mint-lemon dressing
Shrimp is primarily made of protein. Aside from protein, shrimp provides an impressive amount of nutrients. It also plays a role in immunity and thyroid function.
prep: 10 mins
serves: 6 people
- 2 handfuls of shrimp
- A handful of baby spinach
- 3 handfuls of lettuce if pre-packed /6 leaves of lettuce
- 3 baby carrots grated
- A cup of cherry tomatoes/ cut up one full size tomato
- 1 teaspoon of mint leaves crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Half a lemon
In a small bowl, mix mint leaves, olive oil, lemon, honey and stir to achieve a good consistency.
- sear the shrimp to achieve a golden brown crust. You may add your choice of spices and salt. Allow to cool
- In a large bowl, put lettuce, spinach and grated carrots, then pour the dressing on the contents. Mix everything properly to evenly distribute the dressing.
- Add tomatoes and shrimp once it has cooled. Distribute evenly once again
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes, if your preference is to have it cold.
Ps: Cashews are a great addition to this salad. You may customize it based on ingredient availability or preference.
NB: IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO SHELL FISH, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM SHRIMP. IT MAY CAUSE SEVERE REACTION
You are welcome. Enjoy your delicious salad.
Remember: You are marked by flawless craftsmanship