It has been a while since I shared some of my recipes! I put up a poll on Instagram and I got a 100% vote request for the recipe. So I am back with a recipe for all those who would like to enjoy some homemade pancakes from scratch. Perhaps you are looking for a breakfast treat, a stack of pancakes with maple syrup sounds perfect right! Continue reading “Old Fashioned blueberry pancakes”
Shrimp green salad with mint-lemon dressing
Shrimp is primarily made of protein. Aside from protein, shrimp provides an impressive amount of nutrients. It also plays a role in immunity and thyroid function.
prep: 10 mins
serves: 6 people
- 2 handfuls of shrimp
- A handful of baby spinach
- 3 handfuls of lettuce if pre-packed /6 leaves of lettuce
- 3 baby carrots grated
- A cup of cherry tomatoes/ cut up one full size tomato
- 1 teaspoon of mint leaves crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Half a lemon
In a small bowl, mix mint leaves, olive oil, lemon, honey and stir to achieve a good consistency.
- sear the shrimp to achieve a golden brown crust. You may add your choice of spices and salt. Allow to cool
- In a large bowl, put lettuce, spinach and grated carrots, then pour the dressing on the contents. Mix everything properly to evenly distribute the dressing.
- Add tomatoes and shrimp once it has cooled. Distribute evenly once again
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes, if your preference is to have it cold.
Ps: Cashews are a great addition to this salad. You may customize it based on ingredient availability or preference.
NB: IF YOU ARE ALLERGIC TO SHELL FISH, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM SHRIMP. IT MAY CAUSE SEVERE REACTION
You are welcome. Enjoy your delicious salad.
Remember: You are marked by flawless craftsmanship
CHIA SEED PUDDING
Chia seeds are loaded with lots of calcium, antioxidants and omega-3. They contain nutrients that have important benefits for your body and brain. These tiny seeds pack a wonderful nutritional punch
What is chia pudding?
A delicious way for your body to receive nutrients from chia seeds as an on-the-go breakfast option.
Chia seed pudding breakfast recipe
prep: 5 mins
- 1 cup almond milk/ plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- a handful of blueberries
- 2 strawberries
- 6 grapes
- 1/2 apple
- Place apple, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, yogurt and almond milk into blender . Blend until smooth. Whisk in chia seeds.
- Pour mixture into a jar and place in refrigerator. I usually leave mine overnight to let it gel so that it is ready for breakfast.
Ps: This recipe is very customizable, based on what nutrients you want to get out of your meal. You can change the flavor , sweetener, texture or even color of the recipe to your preference.