“This series incorporates stories as told by fellow natural hair sisters; the struggles they have had in their journey, how they overcame them and finally, practices they now follow that have eased their journey”.
- HAIR ME OUT! (11/6/2019) - Welcome back to my ‘hair journey story’ series. Todays’ story is shared by one of my favorite lifestyle bloggers Justified Ecstasy. I had so much fun interviewing her and putting this together to share her story with you guys. As you read, I hope you’re inspired and like she always says, “may your ecstasy be […]
- My Transition to Natural Hair! (10/21/2019) - My natural hair journey started when I was almost 19 years old. But before then, natural hair was the last think on my mind. At four years old, my mother gave me my first relaxer. I was raised in Wisconsin, so there weren’t many people who wore their natural hair. I grew up thinking that […]
- Wide Leg Off-Shoulder Jumpsuit (7/9/2019) - Originally posted on Zapadera:
This jumpsuit was inspired by the first off-shoulder jumpsuit I made and I’m so glad it fit my lovely friend. Contact us to get either jumpsuit design and checkout my lovely friend’s Natural Hair Blog, Exquisite Nviri.
- Experience with Colouring My Natural Hair: Part 2 (7/7/2019) - Meet Marlie Keishamaza! Marlie is a professional emcee who loves to talk. A motivational speaker who has a passion for young people. She also runs an online fashion store called Fab Fash and runs an events company as well. She is into social media management and content creation for social media. Talk about a woman […]
- My Experience with Colouring my Natural Hair: Part 1 (7/5/2019) - Meet Marlie Keishamaza! Marlie is a professional emcee who loves to talk. A motivational speaker who has a passion for young people. She also runs an online fashion store called Fab Fash and runs an events company as well. She is into social media management and content creation for social media. Talk about a woman […]
- Hair Care for Dandruff and Length Retention (6/10/2019) - Hey there! This is Candice Mulinda, she will be sharing some hair care tips she has learned over the years. Candice lives in Virginia and will be attending Yale University in the fall to study either Political Science or Global Studies.
- Wearing Natural Hair at the work place; A dialogue with Media personality|Host|MC|Voice Over Artist| Model|Actress. (5/27/2019) - Meet our guest My name is MALAIKA. Yes, I use only one name. I am a Kenyan born Ugandan. Radio and TV presenter, MC and Events Host, Actress, Model, and Motivational Speaker. I call myself #GodsFavourite because I actually believe it. I love God so much and put him first. I believe that self love […]
- Inspiring Afro Hairstyles for your natural hair (2/7/2019) - How I learnt how to style, and what my experience has been like? I think styling is very texture dependent. The first time I went natural I had very healthy hair. I would do very easy washes, mostly because I didn’t know a lot about managing natural hair.
- All you need for a smooth transition to a natural hair journey. (1/22/2019) - A quote by Coco Chanel declares that “a woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life”. I had poured through thousands of pictures of women owning their natural hair and was haunted by old images of my mother and great-aunt sporting their full, voluminous hair. I remember clearly the day I looked […]
- How I have grown my 4c natural hair! (11/30/2018) - The journey started when I was in primary school (middle school). My mum would relax my hair each term. However, the relaxer would only work for two-three weeks. I had very thick 4c hair with a lot of volume.
- Say no to 4c self hate (11/19/2018) - After my last post I thought critically about the readers on my blog and my role as an influencer. Due to the very diverse nature of my readers. I felt the need to address a few concerns of mine. The misconception of “one size fits all” is tragic. It was after this realisation that I […]
- Goodbye to the sizzle (10/14/2018) - My hair journey started right before I joined High School. The primary school I attended didn’t allow us to grow our hair, so I started growing it during the vacation in preparation for high school. In my first year of High School, besides praying for my hair to grow so that I could hold a […]
- Introducing ‘Afro Mona’ (10/8/2018) - Lets go back to 2012, freshman year. A friend of mine nicknamed me ‘Mona’ whom he describes as my alter ego. Coincidentally, at that time, I was also thinking of creating a Twitter account and what handle I could use. I had so many options. Long story short, I came up with ‘Afro Mona’, […]
- Embracing my curls (10/3/2018) - I have always wanted to start a natural hair blog but I was always walking around with a bag of excuses. A couple of friends suggested YouTube, to which I always tactfully changed the topic, quickly steering away because I wouldn’t know what to do with myself behind a camera, let alone people watching me. […]